BIRUNI offers 26 programs within the scope of 6 Faculties, Institutes and Vocational Schools, including the Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, which include all health- related departments.
Campus Life in the City Center
Our university is located in the city center of Istanbul (within easy walking distance of Marmaray Kazlicesme station, Cevizlibag metrobus station and close to Eurasia Tunnel), and offers a campus life intertwined with the historical fabric of Istanbul, opposite the Topkapı Walls.
There are various scholarship opportunities available, including one for those who make Biruni their first choice, and another based on academic success. All scholarships are non-refundable and valid during normal education times.
The Biruni Method in Education
BirBilginOl (Biruni Knowledge Archive) is an application model created to ensure the permanence of knowledge in the student to transfer and assimilate information in the education process. BirDeHa (Biruni Lesson Preparation) is an interactive active participation model, which was developed to ensure timely learning of subjects for cognitive development and performance improvement in students.
Double Diploma, Minor Specialization and Transfer Between Departments
Students who reach a certain level of success in our university programs are provided with the opportunity to transfer between departments. In addition, double major and minor programs are offered.
Biruni University, which measures itself by global world standards, is developing collaborations with international, pioneering and renowned health institutions in the field of education. Our university has made agreements with leading institutions across the sector and established significant strategic partnerships. In addition, student exchange and internship mobility programs are implemented with many universities in Europe under the Erasmus+ program. To further this goal, the International Relations Office takes part in the international management of Biruni University. By participating in international education fairs such as NAFSA (Association of International Educators), and EAIE (European Association for International Education), we explore cooperation options with Europe, America, Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
Biruni Junior Scientist Training Program
Students are provided with the opportunity to work on various projects and immerse themselves in research culture within the scope of an extensive program, in order to become the leading scientists of the future, under the supervision of our faculty members.
Hospitals and Laboratories, Equiped with Advanced Technology
Our university hospitals, which are part of a field-oriented university dedicated to health sciences, plan to be pioneers in their fields, equipped with the most advanced technology and staffed by top quality, highly experienced academic professionals, in order to provide a better service to our patients.
Internationality is one of the most important aspects of Biruni University. We are believing that Learning not only happen with the walls of the university but beyond its borders. The fundamental principles that BİRUNİ holds dear to are compiled of 14 pillars and 7 of them emphasize or are connected to internationality.
- BIRUNİ believes in the importance of pluralism, diversity and critical thinking in both university and societal life.
- BIRUNI instills in students at every level academic and professional knowledge and skills for coping with the complex problems of today’s world that are both grounded in tradition and aim at innovation.
- BIRUNİ is an international institution in every sense of the word, taking as its reference point for all programs competencies that meet international standards of quality as well as principles and practices of accreditation.
- BIRUNI gives importance to its students and alumni becoming people who are sensitive to and assume responsibility for the problems of society and the world.
- BİRUNI develops life-long educational programs in accordance with its belief that access to means of self-improvement is a basic right for individuals at any age.
- BİRUNİ aims to operate and provide service at both national and international levels.
- BİRUNİ is a student-centered institution in all of its teaching and learning endeavors. BİRUNİ ensures that its students actively participate in their learning and educational process and become individuals capable of researching, questioning, and integrating knowledge.
Within its 7 years, Biruni plans to become one of the leading international universities in Turkey. We have nearly 1000 international Students from over 90 countries around the world. Along with giving our students a variety of study abroad programs around the world. Having partner agreements with more than 200 institutions in 40 countries which include Erasmus + and Bilateral programs.